If you need an answer to a question and can’t find what you’re looking for, check our extensive and comprehensive FAQ’s.
What is the Mattress.com Delivery Policy?
Set-up of new bedding and removal of old bedding available in CT, Oakland CA, DC, DE, S. FL, MA, MD, S.W. ME, NH, NJ, NY Metro, PA, RI, N. VA, S. VT, only
IN ORDER TO ENSURE PROMPT AND EFFICIENT DELIVERY, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES:
1. The area must be clear and bed linens must be removed. If the area is not clear, independent truckers will not set up the merchandise.
2. Independent truckers are not responsible for moving customer's furniture or bedding, or for dismantling customer's headboard or frame.
3. Independent truckers are not responsible for setting up customer's existing headboards to any frame.
4. Independent truckers will remove packaging to the curb. Bedding will also be removed to the curb unless otherwise stated on the front of your invoice. Steel frames will be removed to the curb or dumpster only, NOT to the truck.
5. All balances must be paid by credit card or cash only. Personal checks, certified checks, or money orders are not accepted.
6. Upon delivery, you must present your written invoice to confirm the terms of your purchase. You must inspect merchandise prior to the delivery person leaving the residence; you may refuse delivery of defective, damaged, or non-conforming merchandise.
7. Delivery fees are non-refundable. There will be no additional delivery fees for completion of a partial delivery or replacement of non-conforming merchandise.
8. If you have questions about your delivery, please visit www.mattress.com or call 800-404-2222.
What is the Mattress.com Price Guarantee?
If a customer finds the same or a comparable mattress at a lower price elsewhere prior to delivery, we will match the price. If a customer finds the same or a comparable mattress at a lower price elsewhere within thirty (30) days after the date of delivery, we will refund the difference. Customer must present competitor's current ad or invoice. Our price guarantee excludes super values, mattress values, special purchases, closeouts, exchanges, floor samples, warranties, discontinued merchandise, and one-of-a-kind merchandise.
What is the Mattress.com Deposits and Refunds Policy?
If your merchandise cannot be delivered by the date noted on your invoice, Mattress.com will offer you the option of an alternative delivery date or a prompt, full refund. All non-stocked special orders require a 50% non-refundable deposit. All refunds will be issued by mail from Mattress.com Headquarters. Mattress.com does not offer refunds in the form of cash, only via credit card or check. No refund will be offered after delivery. Merchandise may only be exchanged in accordance with Mattress.com's Exchange Policy. Any and all deposits on purchases not delivered within the twelve (12) month period after the original date of purchase will be forfeited by you and assigned to the company to cover all administrative expenses pertaining to the invoice. Cancellations of orders in transit (excluding deliveries toCT, Oakland CA, DC, DE, S. FL, MA, MD, S.W. ME, NH, NJ, NY Metro, PA, RI, N. VA, and S. VT) involve a restocking fee of 20% of the retail price of the merchandise.
What is the Mattress.com Comfort Guarantee Policy?*
*Available in CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY Metro area, PA, RI, VA, VT, and WV only. If you determine at any time, up to 21 days after delivery, that you are not completely satisfied with your mattress, Mattress.com will allow you to exchange it for a new mattress under the following terms and conditions:
1. If you wish to make an exchange, please contact Mattress.com no later than the 21st day after the original delivery date. NOTE: All exchanges must be completed no later than 28 days from the original delivery date. This means that if you call customer service on the 21st day after delivery, you must be available to reselect a mattress and schedule the exchange and delivery within the following 7 days.
2. The customer simply pays the difference between the Mattress.com everyday price of the newly selected merchandise and the Mattress.com everyday price of the originally selected merchandise, plus applicable delivery fees and taxes. NOTE: The customer shall not pay more for the new merchandise than any current non-expired Mattress.com advertised price for that item except exchanges involving any item restricted by a manufacturer's minimum price policy.
3. Note: Law tags must be attached and the merchandise must be in sanitary condition, clean, free of tears, burns and stains of any kind or we will be unable to honor a request for an exchange.
4. The exchange policy applies to mattress sets and mattresses only. Mattress.com will not refund or exchange sheets, pillows, frames or mattress protectors.
What is the Mattress.com Warranty Policy?
MATTRESS.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, INDEMNITIES, OR GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY LAW, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Mattress.com neither assumes, nor authorizes salesperson, agent, representative or any other person to make any other or additional guarantee or warranty, or to assume for it, any other liability in connection with the sale of the products. Manufacturers may provide limited warranties for their product, please see your warranty card for details. Delivery charges apply to warranty and service exchanges. STAINS VOID THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY. DO NOT ALLOW YOUR MATTRESS TO GET WET. PROTECT IT FROM FLUIDS WITH A MATTRESS PROTECTOR.
What is the Mattress.com Limitation of Liability?
Mattress.com hereby disclaims, and buyer hereby waives any and all obligations and liabilities of Mattress.com and all rights, claims and remedies of buyer against Mattress.com, including, but not limited to, all liability with respect to the product or services performed or provided by Mattress.com or its salespeople, agents or representatives. Under no circumstances shall Mattress.com be liable for any consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or incidental damages. The remedies set forth in this instrument are exclusive, and the liability of Mattress.com with respect to any sale of its products, or anything done in connection therewith, whether in contract, in tort, under strict liability, under any warranty, or otherwise, whether or not arising from negligence, actual or imputed, shall not exceed the purchase price of the product. This instrument is not intended to provide any legal rights to rental, business, commercial, institutional, or other non-residential uses, or to anyone other than the original residential consumer purchaser. In the event that any one or more provisions or restrictions of this instrument shall be deemed to be illegal or unenforceable, such illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining legal and enforceable provisions or restrictions hereof, which shall be construed as if such illegal or unenforceable provision(s) or restriction(s) had not been inserted.
What is the Mattress.com Email Policy?
By providing mattress.com your email address, we may occasionally send you information on products and special promotions. We will not sell your information to anyone. If you do not wish to receive these offers you may click the unsubscribe link located at the top of the received email.
What about tax requirements for states in which tax is not collected on orders?
Colorado HB 1193, enacted in February 2010, required online retailers to provide a detailed purchase report to customers with more than $500 of annual Colorado purchases by January 31st and to provide a summary purchase report with the total amount of each customer's annual Colorado purchases to the Colorado Department of Revenue by March 31st. This law is currently the subject of a legal challenge brought by the Direct Marketing Association and others. In the meantime, the U.S. District Court has suspended enactment of the law while the legal challenge proceeds.
The Commonwealth of Kentucky requires Kentucky purchasers to report all purchases of tangible personal property that are not taxed by the retailer and pay use tax on those purchases unless exempt under Kentucky law. The tax may be reported and paid on the Kentucky individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return with the Kentucky Department of Revenue. These forms and corresponding instructions may be found on the Kentucky Department of Revenue's Internet website.
For Oklahoma purchasers, the tax may be reported and paid on the Oklahoma individual income tax return [Form 511] or by filing a consumer use tax return [Form 21-1]. The referenced forms and corresponding instructions are available on the Oklahoma Tax Commission website, www.tax.ok.gov. We are required to provide the notice above for Oklahoma purchases based on Oklahoma law (HB 2359) enacted in June 2010.
For South Dakota purchasers, the tax may be reported and paid on the South Dakota use tax form. The use tax form and corresponding instructions are available on the South Dakota Department of Revenue website. We are required to provide the notice above for South Dakota purchases based on South Dakota law (SB 146) enacted in April 2011.
Please be aware that purchases shipped to Tennessee may be subject to Tennessee Use Tax (T.C.A. § 67-6-210) unless an exemption exists under Tennessee law. A sale is not exempt under Tennessee law because it is made through the Internet. Payments of applicable Tennessee use tax may be made through the Tennessee Department of Revenue's Website at https://apps.tn.gov/usetax/.